Please join us May 13-May 15 for the District 35 Spring Conference!
Thursday, May 13th
- 7:00 PM Opening Ceremony & Virtual Banner Parade
- 8:00 PM Keynote Speaker – Toastmasters International Director Mohamad Qayoom
Friday, May 14th
- 4:00-4:45 PM Networking
- 5:00-6:00 PM Candidate Showcase
- 6:45 PM Contest Briefings
- 7:30 PM Evaluation Speech Contest
- Following the Evaluation Speech Contest: Friday fun night – Hosted by the District 35 Area Director Team
Saturday, May 15th
- 8:00-8:45 AM Networking
- 9:00 AM Annual Business Meeting
- The agenda can be found here: District-35-District-Council-Meeting-Agenda-05-15-21
- The minutes from the September 19, 2020 District Council meeting can be found here: District Council Meeting Minutes 09-19-20
- The District Leadership Committee’s nominations may be found here: DLC Nominated Candidates-2021
- The 2021-2022 alignment proposal can be found here: District 35 Alignment Proposal for 2021-2022
- Noon-1:00 PM Paul Artale
Dr. Paul Artale, Accredited Speaker, Award-winning Speaker, Author, Researcher & Leadership Trainer – paulartale.com
- 1:30-2:30 PM Lance Miller
|Lance Miller, 2005 World Champion of Public Speaking – lancemillerspeaks.com|
- 3:00-4:00 PM Sima Dahl
- 4:30-5:15 PM Networking
- 5:15-6:00 PM Networking
- 6:45 PM International Speech Contest Briefings
- 7:30 PM International Speech Contest
- Following the International Speech Contest: Social Hour
Register here for the conference: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/district-35-2021-virtual-conference-lead-from-where-you-are-tickets-145365019687?aff=Web
Here’s a flyer for the conference: https://district35.org/download/142/2021-spring-conference/5527/2021-spring-conference-flyer.pdf
- A Zoom background for this conference: Conference Zoom Background
Digital Banner Parade
We missed it last year, but we are having a Club Banner Parade at this year’s Spring Conference! We want the recognition for our clubs that continue to promote the Toastmasters program.
For our Digital Banner Parade, each club is asked to creatively prepare a picture of who they are, preferably including their club banner. These creative banners will be introduced during the Spring Conference.
What are we looking for? If you’re meeting in person (or have a club picture from when you met in person), you can use that. Or take a screen shot of a Zoom meeting. Or take a variety of pictures and put together into a one-page PowerPoint presentation, then save it as picture. Have some fun and be creative! Examples are pictured below.
Save your picture using the following naming convention, adding an underscore between each element:
· Divisions get one space (A, B, C, D, E)
· Areas get two spaces (01, 02, …… 99)
· Clubs get eight spaces (00005752 …. 01345083)
Copper Country Toastmasters: E_05_04299987
Chrome Conversations: D_02_05264984
Once your banner is created and properly name, please submit to Kris Pool (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Monday, May 3, 2021.