This Week’s News
May 29, 2023
Take the Next Step & Become an Area Director
Your fellow Toastmasters need you! We are seeking Area Directors for the 2023-24 program year.
- As Area Director, you serve as the direct liaison between the District and the clubs. An Area Director is appointed for a term of one Toastmasters program year, running from July 1 to June 30.
- Area Directors plan and host Area Speech Contests. Most importantly, Area Directors conduct club visits at least twice a year to each of the clubs within their respective Areas. This helps them to understand clubs’ needs, and allows District leaders to support the clubs most effectively.
- We have training at the beginning of your year. Monthly meetings with leaders from across the District (both hybrid and virtual) will help you with additional training, expand your network, and leverage their best practices. You are also part of a Division Council lead by a Division Director to provide support.
- This role provides a great opportunity to hone your leadership and communication skills. This is a great way to step outside of your club leadership position and expand your network and skills. As an Area Director you can:
- Improve your skills as a speaker and leader in environments outside of your club.
- Share your knowledge and experience to support other Toastmasters clubs.
- Learn from other Toastmasters clubs and bring that knowledge back to help your club.
- Meet other growth-minded individuals from across the District.
- Earn required credit toward the Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) award.
- If you are ready to take the next step in your leadership journey, fill out this form: https://forms.gle/R7oc3msfMBANnszVA
- Email Program Quality Director / District Director Elect, Jason Feucht (firstname.lastname@example.org).
District Dollars are earned by meeting some of the incentives. These dollars are received via reimbursement when you make approved club-related purchases. Be sure that you take advantage of this incentive program and spend your dollars. You can use them on items like a webcam for hybrid meetings, advertising for your club and any other items you may need to support your growth and your membership. View your club’s balance here.
Wanted: Sponsors & Mentors
Attention fellow Toastmasters of District 35! We have a couple of clubs that we’re working through the charter process this year, and we’re compiling a list of Toastmasters interested in serving as a club sponsor or club mentor. These roles provide valuable experience, and earn you credit toward your Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) award. If you’re pursuing your DTM, please reach out to Club Growth Director, Robert Wall (email@example.com) today and learn about these roles!
Promotional Banner Now Available
Are you looking for a new way to promote your club? If so, we have a tool for you. This is a 2′ x 6′ banner, intended to be displayed on an x-frame banner stand. Each club is entitled to 1 free banner upon request, but you must request one. You just have to purchase your own banner stand. Here is a link to the stand on Amazon. The link and QR code on your club’s banner will be customized to your club’s website. Please reach out to contact Club Growth Director, Robert Wall (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get your club’s free banner!
Call for Newsletter Articles
If you have a story to share for the District’s Newsletter, reach out to Jennifer Young (email@example.com). The Newsletter is published every other month and the next edition will be published in June.
Time to finish the year with strong membership! Clubs that add 5 new, dual or reinstated members between May 1 and June 30 will earn a Beat the Clock award. Clubs earning this award will receive a banner ribbon from Toastmasters International!