2021-2022 SPEECH CONTESTS
We are nearing the start of the 2021-2022 speech contest season. Please note that because our District voted that all Area, Division and District Contests will be held in-person, we need to plan accordingly. However, club Contests can be held in-person or virtually. Please note that we might need to move speech contests online if the Covid-19 pandemic persists and restrictions are re-imposed.
District 35 Speech Contest Team
Speech Contest Chair
Jennifer Kibicho, DTM
International Speech Contest Coordinator
Table Topics Speech Contest Coordinator
DTM Email: email@example.com
Judy Bauer, DTM
Our District is sponsoring two contests:
- Table Topics Speech Contest—final contest will be at the District Level
- International Speech Contest—winner will advance to the International Semi-Finals Speech Contest
Speech Contest Important Timeline:
- December 1, 2021 – January 31, 2022: Club-level Table Topics and International Speech Contests (clubs have the option to conduct their contests in person or on-line)
- February 1, 2022 – March 26, 2022: Area-level Table Topics and International Speech Contests (in-person contest)
- March 31, 2022 – May 1, 2022: Division-level Table Topics and International Speech Contests (in-person contest)
- May 13, 2022 – May 14, 2022: District-level Table Topics and International Speech Contest (in-person contest) · Please check out the District 35 Calendar for the actual dates for each contest.
Special note for Area and Division Contests:
- Areas with 4 or fewer clubs in good standing can have 2 contestants from each club compete in the area contest.
- Divisions with 4 areas or fewer can have the 2 highest-placed available contestants from each Area compete.
Please contact your area or division director for more details.
December 13, 2021 Virtual Workshop: How to rock the contest stage? By Eric Feinendegen.
January 19, 2022 Virtual Workshop: Chief Judge Training with Judy Bauer, DTM