Its time to “Get in the Game” and register to attend the District 35 Spring Convention on May 10-11, 2019 at the Radisson Hotel & Conference Center in Green Bay.
Here is what you can expect at this year’s convention:
Friday night (May 10)
- Opening Night Networking Reception
- Humorous Speech Contest
- Live Music!
Saturday (May 11)
- Keynote by Pres Vasilev, 2013 World Champion of Public Speaking, masterful storyteller and sales trainer
- Education Session (attendees will select two of six total) in both morning and afternoon sessions
- Afternoon presentation by Pres Vasilev
- Pre-lunch Speaker, International Director of Region 5, Don Bittick, DTM*
- Presentation of the Communication and Leadership Award to community leader who demonstrates excellence in both communication and leadership*
- DTM awards ceremony*
- District-level International Speech contest (the winner of which to proceed to Region Quarterfinal judged via video submission. Winners of the Region Quarterfinal will proceed to Semifinals held at the International Convention in Denver, Colorado)
- Numerous networking opportunities over the course of the day
- Dinner Banquet followed by Hall of Fame awards ceremony** and
- CASINO NIGHT entertainment**!
* requires lunch ticket of $25
** requires dinner ticket of $35
After registering, be sure to contact the Radisson Hotel & Conference Center at (920) 494-7300 and mention that you are with Toastmasters District 35 to reserve a room at our $99.00 room rate (single or double occupancy).
April 5th – Deadline for Toastmasters Information Marketplace Applications (application available below under the heading “Online Forms”)
April 8th – Deadline for Program Ad Artwork (Program Ads Costs can be found in the Downloads section)
April 27th – Deadline for Early-bird Registration (Club registration is $100 until 4/27; Individual registration is $55 until 4/27)
- May 1st – Online Registration Cut-off (Club registration after 4/27 is $125; Individual Registration after 4/27 is $60)
- May 10 – District-Level Humorous Speech contest, followed by Winner’s Circle and Friday Fun Night
- May 11 – District 35 Spring Convention
| Cindy Laatsch: Making Things Happen – The Art of Bluefishing.
As a District 35 Toastmaster, and as a Distinguished Past District Director, Cindy has presented at club meetings to District-wide events. Participants learn effective and simple ways to sharpen focus, check perspective, as well as energize the members of their Toastmaster clubs.
|Betsy Rozelle: Affinity-Building: the 101 of Relationship-Building Communication.
Betsy, Chief Affinity Builder with Rozelle Communication, is an enthusiastic trainer, author, and public speaker. Her session will help attendees sharpen their ability to build successful professional and personal relationships.
| Cassie Schuh: Balance Over Burnout.
Cassie began coaching in 2008 when she founded Zaptastic Professional Coaching after many years in the social work field. The session is a callout to leaders, to understand the root cause of burnout and how to eliminate the internal triggers that perpetuate overwhelm, anxiety and exhaustion.
|John Scott: How to Write a Great Speech (finding the fun in the dysfunctional)
John has had the privilege of writing and delivering many speeches over a 30-year long career in sales and sales management and with friends in Toastmasters. Participants will have fun together exploring how to find a topic, organize a story and write to invite those hearing the story to come along for the ride!
|Tom Swartwood: The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth – Get in the Game by Improving Yourself.
Tom has been a corporate trainer that has facilitated sales and soft skill classes to employees. He is a certified coach, speaker and trainer in the areas of personal and professional growth. In this session participants will uncover two Laws of Growth from John C. Maxwell’s book “The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth” through understanding the “Law of Pain” and the “Law of the Rubber Band”.
| Tina Boyle Whyte: Know Your Hand, Play Your Cards, Get in the Game
Tina Boyle Whyte is a Distinguished Toastmaster and a Transformation Coach and Educator. She will share strategies so attendees will be equipped to know themselves and what they bring to the table as well as gain strategies on how to use their skills to effectively lead and dominate in their roles as club members and leaders.
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center
2040 Airport Drive
Green Bay, WI 54313
Clubs Registered (55)
Updated Apr 12
The following clubs are registered for the spring convention. This means the members of the clubs listed below can attend the convention for free. The only cost to members is lunch and dinner. You still need to individually register, but the convention fee has been paid by the club already.
- Allis Chalmers
- Babbling Badgers
- Bay de Noc Toastmasters
- Capital City Toastmasters
- Church Mutual Club
- CNH Industrial Toast Team
- Cream City Communicators
- Eastside Madison Toastmasters
- Fox Speak
- Generally Speaking
- Green Bay Yackers
- Heart of Eau Claire
- Kenosha Toastmasters
- La Crosse Toastmasters
- Leading Voices
- Love of Laughter
- Marshfield Area Toastmasters
- Menomonee Falls Toastmasters
- Mid-Day Women’s Alliance Toastmasters
- NEW Appleton Toastmasters
- NM Speaks!
- Northshore Badgers
- Ozaukee Toastmasters
- Pewaukee Speaks
- Plymouth Toastmasters
- QG Toastmasters Club
- Racine Toastmasters
- Rasmussen College Toastmasters
- Reedsburg Area Toastmasters
- Resource Advanced Toastmasters
- ROK the Talk
- Rolling Hills Toastmasters Club
- Rumble Dont Mumble
- Sales Masters
- Schneider Toastmasters
- Sentry Toastmasters
- Sheboygan Toastmasters
- Smokey’s Sensations
- Southwest Toastmasters
- Speak TV Media Masters Toastmasters
- Speak Up Milwaukee Toastmasters
- Stevens Point
- Summit Seekers Toastmasters
- Talk of the Town
- Talkers and Shakers
- The Breakfast Club
- Thriving Communicators
- Uptowner Toastmasters Club
- Water City Speakers
- Waukesha Toastmasters
- Wisconsin Rapids Area Toastmasters
- Wisconsin Toastmasters